FIRE HYDRANTS (DRY & WET)
- Body Material: Ductile Iron.
- Nominal Pressure 250 psi., Test Pressure: 500 psi.
- O-ring sealed flanges at the bonnet ground line and shoe simplify maintenance by eliminating gasket adhesion at these points, making disassembly easier. The O-rings are easier than flat gaskets to position during reassembly, and provide superior pressure handling.
- Hold-down nut – features integral weather seal. Prevents unauthorized removal of hold-down nut or operating nut. Resilient wiper seal prevents water entry and protects from freezing; material resistant to sunlight deterioration. O-ring provides second level seal.
- Safety flange – breaks cleanly to help prevent barrel damage, but strong enough to withstand normal handling. Allows economical repair, adding of extension section, rotation or changing of upper barrel without excavation.
- Full flow openings – large, smooth radius hose and pumper openings reduce friction loss.
- Fire Hydrants are designed to comply with ANSI/AWWA C502.
- Dry barrel design eliminates damage to the hydrant caused by freezing of the upper part.
- Fire Hydrants are designed for high performance and easy to install, maintain and repair.
- Excellent and proven flow characteristics.
- 2 x 2½” NH thread connectors for soft hose connection.
- 1 x 4½” NH thread pumper connection for fire trucks.
- 6” inlet connection complying to mechanical joint ANSI/AWWA C111/A21.11 or flange connection ASME B16.5 Class 150.
- Operation threads are corrosion protected and for easy operation.
- Fire hydrants are high pressure rated to 250 psi compatible with today’s trends.
- Internal epoxy paint system gives high corrosion protection to hydrants.
- Advanced safety couplings and flange design reduces traffic damage to hydrant.
- Main valve is easily removed from either the bonnet flange or ground line flange.